Travelogue 2.1 - Utica, New York Train Station - October 2 - 4, 2013

Oh, Utica, I hardly got to know you. My main reason for stopping here was to take advantage of a photo opportunity with The Adirondack Scenic Railroad, a guided train tour through the Adirondacks which left out of Utica Train Station. I was really excited to photograph the peak foliage for which this area is so well known, but then while here, I also got to know a little about Utica, too. First of all, that train station... 


www.jackaiello.photoshelter.com


If moviegoers had to scout a location to film a scene from the 20s, 30s or 40s, you can't go any further than Utica's Train Station. You can almost picture the men busily walking through here in wool business suits and fedoras, the women in flower print dresses, thin gloves and blocky shoes. 

This station celebrates 100 years next year and it's still beautifully maintained. It's really like going back in time and I love it when a building this old is still being used for its main purpose. I can describe the huge marble columns and the gorgeously detailed coffered ceilings or I can just show you...


www.jackaiello.photoshelter.com

www.jackaiello.photoshelter.com


Popular posts from this blog

Travelogue 5 - Bora Bora!

Pasta e Fagioli Made Easy

Rowing Lessons