Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The NYC Photowalk - October 26, 2013

Photo Expo was at Javits in New York City this past week.  I didn't get to go, but I managed to sign up for the Saturday Photo walking tour that started in Times Square. It was a great opportunity to meet some other fellow photographers and especially Elia Locardi and Ken Kaminesky, who hosted and organized the event. If you haven't seen their work, they're in my blog roll. They do some amazing HDR travel and landscape work.

© Elia Locardi / Ken Kaminesky
Photo Courtesy Elia Locardi / Ken Kaminesky

PhotoWalk NYC ©Attila Fovonyessy
Photo courtesy of Attila Fovonyessy
If you look closely, you'll see me posing with Elia and Ken as I won a prize - a 2 TB dual external drive from G Technology. Winning the 2nd prize raffle was icing on the cake. More fun was getting to meet people with similar interests and passions. The tour started at Times Square and the group wended its way through Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Grand Central and the Chrysler Building. I was exhausted by the end, but invigorated as well.  All in all, a good day.